I don’t know about you but I have always, always loved ladyfingers. I also really, really love spicy flavours, and this combination of spicy and amazing yummy ladyfingers just makes me feel hungry while typing this. For real.
This is how they look with the spices stuffed in them..before sautéing.
Ladyfingers were my first favourite vegetable. Also, the love of spices I have, has been in my family for many generations, and the way I see it…life is just a hundred times better with savoury dishes, fresh vegetables and tingling spices.
So, let’s get along to the recipe at hand.
- 250 g ladyfingers
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- Salt to taste (1 tsp should do it)
- 4 teaspoons of cooking oil
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- Wash, clean and dry the ladyfingers. You can dry them easily with a towel, and leave them on it for ten minutes.
- Carefully slice an opening vertically (the long side) of each ladyfinger.
- Mix all the spices listed except turmeric until you get a spicy mix which is slightly thick.
- Stuff each ladyfinger with the spice mix. (You need to use your hands for this.)
- Add the oil in the saucepan, and add cumin seeds and the turmeric powder.
- When the seeds begin to sizzle, the oil is sufficiently heated. At this point, add all the stuffed ladyfingers in the saucepan and sautée them. (sautee is just a fancy word for stirring the contents of the pan until they are crisp. You just need to make sure none of the ladyfingers stick to the pan.)
- Switch off the gas on the stove, and cover the sautéed ladyfingers with a lid until it’s time to serve.
- Enjoy your amazing spicy stuffed ladyfingers with some flatbread, rice, or even alone.
Additional salt can be mixed after the dish has been cooked, according to your taste.
And there you have it! Absolutely scrumptious ladyfingers stuffed with mouthwateringly flavoursome spices. My, that was a bit of a mouthful, wasn’t it? These yummy ladyfingers make me dreamy and happy.