It’s been raining for quite a few days now, and when it rains..you need a warm cup of tea with some yummy cake! I wasn’t looking forward to getting wet in the rain (even if it meant going by car, haha) so I stayed at home, and my little sister decided to..bake! And what’s amazing is, she is quite a little masterchef; she whipped up this apple cinnamon cake in no time! (We preheated the oven and supervised the baking bit). Sometimes, it’s pretty amazing what a kid can do. Like this apple cinnamon cake, for example.
- 1-2 Apples
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil (or) 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- Peel apples and chop them into small pieces.
- Run all the dry ingredients, except sugar (flour, cinnamon powder, etc) through a sieve.
- Mix the dry mixture lightly.
- In a separate bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula or spoon.
- Then add the dry ingredients mixture and mix.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and mix again so that they are all mixed well do not over mix it.
- Grease a cake tin and pour in the cake mix .
- Preheat your oven to 180* c for 20 - 25 min .
- Now make sure the outer portion of your greased cake tin is clean, if not clean it will get burnt.
- Now you can put your cake tin in the oven for 25 - 30 min.
- After it is done take the cake tin and let it cool down for ten minutes and then cut and serve with honey.
- And now you are ready with your apple cinnamon cake!