Hello! Today, we have a post from Charlotte, who writes a very lovely food and lifestyle oriented blog called The Fox and the Knife. I really liked her aesthetics and attention to small details in her food photography, and I’m glad she’s sharing one of her recipes.
Today on Surely Simple, she’s making an easy and fresh white bean spread packed with subtle flavour and a zing of lemon. Read on to get the details!
Fresh White Bean Spread by Charlotte R
I wanted to share an easy and fresh recipe : a white bean spread that you can make in no time. Made with a white bean base and greek yoghurt for the creaminess. I added a little twist with cilantro, lemon juice and sesame oil.
It is one of those spreads that is convenient to have in the fridge to add a little something to your meals.
It’s perfect as a dip with crackers or raw vegetables or like in this recipe on a slice of bread with radishes and sesame seeds.
I also love it with pita bread and grated vegetables ( carrots, cabbage, cucumber, lettuce) as a quick lunch or on a hearty bowl with couscous and roasted vegetables.
This recipe is just a great basis that you can experiment with : change the herbs, oils, spices, everything is possible ! -Charlotte
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked white beans or 1 (15 oz or 400g) can white beans washed and drained
- 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 pinch of red chili pepper powder
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, leaves picked off
- Salt and pepper
- Radishes, sliced
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Cilantro leaves
- 1. In a food processor bowl, mix together the beans, lemon juice and yoghurt until smooth.
- 2. Add the cilantro leaves, sesame oil, chili pepper powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- 3. To serve : toast slices of bread, spread the white bean mixture. Add the radishes and sprinkle with cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
Thanks, Charlotte, for sharing this yum spread! Now, sandwiches seem more interesting – especially when you add this white bean spread to ’em! -Aaria