When it comes to appetizers, I pretty much always prefer something fresh. Not only does it prep you up, and get you looking forward to the main meal, it’s just easier to prepare too. Which brings me to these bruschettas- I loove italian food! Probably the best thing about italian is- it’s fresh, delicious and extremely simple to make (well, most of the time). So on to this recipe.
I used a garlic bread loaf instead of regular french bread. A bruschetta is traditionally made with bread and by rubbing garlic on it. I skipped that step and opted for a garlic bread loaf here. Now coming on to the topic of..toppings!
There are so many ways to decorate the bruschetta. The traditional one is of course, tomato, basil and cheese. But you can always try new things and different combinations. Cottage cheese (what I used here) is pretty wonderful, especially when mixed with salt and pepper. Ricotta is also a good option for a primary spread.
- Garlic Bread Loaf
- Olive Oil
- Cottage Cheese with salt and pepper mixed in it
- Green Chutney (optional)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Green Chilli
- Coriander Leaves
- Mint Leaves
- Any other toppings you'd like to add
- Slice the loaf to get how many pieces you'd like.
- Spread butter lightly (or drizzle with olive oil) and toast on the stove/ oven until golden.
- Add a layer of cottage cheese and then pile whatever toppings you'd like.
- 1 Cottage cheese, tomato chunks, mint leaves for garnish.
- 2 Cottage cheese, pomegranate seeds.
- 3 Green chutney (made by mixing one chilli, a piece of ginger, raw mango and salt and chilli powder with mint leaves in the blender), grated cheese and a tomato slice. Feel free to use guacamole too.
- 4 Cottage cheese, chopped onions, tomatoes, chilli, coriander and oregano powder.
- You can change it up any way you like, depending on what's in your fridge/kitchen that day!
And you know what? The ease of preparing this + the amazing taste just makes this a pretty good option for Valentine’s Day coming up. So what say? Are you planning to eat italian for V-day this year? Enjoy! -Aaria x