These chocolate covered banana walnut mini cake squares are just really, really yum. This was a weekend treat, made on a lazy Sunday afternoon..by none other than my sister! She has caught the baking bug and she keeps baking every weekend..and we all eat the amazing food she makes. These little mini squares are a perfect tea time snack..or an anytime snack, really.
- 4 Bananas
- Chopped Walnuts (Around 10-15 walnuts will do)
- 1 Bar Grated Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil/ Butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Bar Melted Chocolate
- Almonds for Garnish
- Preheat oven to180 degrees celcius/365 F.
- Chop bananas into small pieces and add sugar.
- Mash the bananas and sugar (or even chop them and put them in a blender!)
- Add oil and whisk well.
- Add the lemon juice. Mix well. Keep this mix aside for now.
- Now we start with the flour mix-add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and then sieve them to get a fine dry mixture.
- Mix this dry mixture with the wet mixture prepared earlier.
- Add the chopped walnuts and give it all a good mix.
- The banana walnut batter is now ready.
- Pour into square cake mould.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, checking with a toothpick ever 15 minutes or so. The batter should be dry and not sticky for it to be totally cooked.
- Take out of oven and after it has cooled down, coat it with white chocolate ganache.
- The ganache is made by vigorously mixing the melted white chocolate and heavy cream together until it resembles a creamy mixture.
- Cut into squares. My cake mould was big enough to accommodate 9 medium sized squares.
- Add a fine sprinkling of the grated milk chocolate.
- Set atop some almonds (whole/chopped in half).
- Enjoy these chocolate banana walnut cake squares as a tea time snack or as dessert!
Weekends are great for baking (and eating)! Another weekend baking recipe here: this apple cake.